Friday, December 29, 2006

A little excitement on "Main Street", Kabul

Jalalabad Road (for those of you unfamiliar with it) is the main road in Kabul. It is the road most frequented my military and UN conveys and thus a favorite spot for suicide bombers .. things on Jalalabad Rd have been quiet since I got here ... until last night.
Last night, around 10pm, a bomb went off, but as most of you know, I prefer to be in bed at 10pm than on the streets and/or roads (that goes for NYC as well). I mention the bombing in case it makes the news (although hasn't the US press stopped mentioning anything in Afghanistan) .. and I wanted to assure you that all is well in my world (minus the fact that my luggage still hasn't arrived .. now making it 11 days with basically the same outfit). Ahhh .. the wonders of kabul where everything takes longer ....
Tomorrow off to go snow-shoeing in an area believed to be mine-free.

No comments: